Thursday, March 06, 2008

Rules for Shopping

First rule, not original with me, is never go grocery shopping when you're hungry.

Next rule, which was discovered on Tuesday and adopted immediately is:

Never make your shopping list when you're hungry.


I ate lunch and then made my list this week and nothing looked quite as appetizing as it usually does, so my listed ended up about 1/4 the usual size. Not bad. Smaller list = less time involved in acquisition.

There are other rules that make this chore more bearable for those of us who don't like to do it. The one kind of shopping I rather enjoy, though, is second hand shopping. I've stumbled onto brand new clothes with the tags still on for a fraction of the new price. Today, I happened to find the cloth napkins and placemats that match a table cloth I've had for about 4 years now and paid a grand total of $2.00 for the complete set of 4 of each. This I can deal with.

Of course, I'd still prefer to have things just magically appear in my cupboards so I could eliminate the chore altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home