Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cow . . . abunga!!!

What do you get for the 25-year-old who went cow tipping in her mother's car as soon as she was set loose on the highways and byways of the world with her own driver's licence? (Yes, she really did come home one night shortly after getting her license in a panic because she had hit, not one, but two cows in the road on her way home.)

Well, each year it's been something a little different. One of my personal favorites was the special treat I concocted for her graduation from high school. While she was showering before we all left for the ceremony, I installed a custom cow car seat cover and steering wheel cover in her car and then strung 5 or 6 Cow Tales candies off the rear trunk latch. She drove down the driveway shaking her fist at me. Fun, fun, fun.

Now, nearly at decade later, I stumbled onto the cow gift of all cow gifts. Glen Wexler has come out with a book entitled, The Secret Life of Cows. So months ago, I purchased a copy and had him sign it and include a personal message that reads, "Aubrey, just how fast were those cows going?" Boy, has it been a hard secret to keep.



I don't know if it's even possible to top this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger angie {the arthur clan} said...

Hi Bea!!!

I think I'm leaving my first ever comment for you. :) And, I've got to say, this has got to be the funniest birthday gift ever. Love it!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home