Saturday, November 10, 2007

What's in a Nickname?

On the occasion of my new nickname, generously provided by Mr. Jonathan Quinn, it seemed appropriate to discuss the one nickname that has yet to be discussed on this blog - namely Bullwinkl. Yes, this is after the famous moose of Rocky and Bullwinkle fame. If I tell you that this cartoon was one of my favorites, you'll have a good handle on how old I am.

I had always thought that Bullwinkle was the nickname my dad picked out for me, but when I asked him about it recently he said, no - I was the one who insisted that he call me Bullwinkle. When I first started using the name again for my Internet presence several years ago, I mistakenly left off the "e", and it stuck. I'm now forever and always "Bullwinkl - no e."



Of course, mooses (or is it meese?) have minds of their own, and Bullwinkl has seen several transformations. First there was the original Bullwinkl icon.



Then, there was Mrs. Moose, and Mrs. Moose was on the loose.



This past summer Mrs. Moose crossed over to the dark side and became Mrs. Outlaw Moose - complete with black coat and hat, and six-shooter rubber band gun. Even my next door neighbor kid had a tough time figuring out who Mrs. Outlaw Moose really was. Fun fun fun. :)

Now, I'm "the blog queen", thanks to Jonathan. I think I like mooses better. Never did feel really comfortable in too much finery.

Now you know the story behind the longest lasting of all my nicknames and all the variations on the theme. Don't you feel enlightened?

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

Very, very enlightened!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home